—Day-of Event Support
—Design & Test
Since 2016, Spacetime Development has managed the Connect Harwell Programme on behalf of Harwell Campus. Connect Harwell consists of networking events, workshops and signposting for campus organisations. Events and workshops take place every month and have been attended by over 1100 people from both on and off-campus. During 2020, Spacetime Development pivoted to managing virtual events and workshops, which have successfully continued to promote the programme's aims.
Space Store is an experiential retail start-up which aspires to be the Space sector’s retailer. Spacetime Development provides Space Store with business development support by providing social media and digital marketing services. Spacetime Development supports Space Store’s strategic partnership development with key Space industry players at Harwell Campus and abroad. We have developed Space Store's range of immersive experiences into both Covid-secure and live virtual offerings, enabling new ways for the public to experience Space everyday.
Bryce Space & Technology is an inward investor from the United States establishing its UK presence in early 2018. Since 2017, Spacetime Development has provided lead generation and business capture support for Bryce.
Spacetime is developing a new streaming service for space imagery, called RASOR. RASOR will provide amazing live and replays of current imagery from across our Universe. Images, videos and visualisations will be accessible online and in physical locations, including at Schools & Universities, Space Organisations and Space Stores. The imagery will be presented through themed programmes: Launches, Earth, Planets, The Sun, Astronomy, and the International Space Station, with the content being tailored to each RASOR user and enhanced with easy-to-understand titles, captions, and timestamps. For educators, RASOR will include ready-to-go lesson plans, activities and competitions for both STEM and non-STEM subject areas. We recently completed a Feasibility Study with the European Space Agency - check it out at https://business.esa.int/projects/rasor. More exciting news about RASOR's launch coming soon!
Engage your audience, tell your story and bring your project to life with Spacetime Studios. Now open in the heart of Harwell Campus, Spacetime Development can help level up your live streams, events, interviews and updates with video content and more! We're excited to bring your story to life through content strategy, story building and event streaming. Check out this video to find out more and get in touch!
Responsible to: Head of Events and Business Development, Spacetime Development
Working hours: 15 -37.5 hours per week. Flexible working hours to be agreed, evenings and weekends will be expected.
Contract: 3 month probation and 1 month notice
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holiday: 28 days per annum, plus statutory holidays pro-rat
Equal Opportunities: Spacetime Development strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected
About Us: At Spacetime Development, we are looking to make our mark by supporting businesses in the space sector and high-tech industries. We believe that with incredible and creative events and experience delivery, these magnificent businesses can shine brighter.
Reporting to the Head of Events and Business Development, the Event Administrator will support the execution of Spacetime Development supported events. The role would suit someone who has an interest within the events field.
The role involves supporting the team in the planning and execution of events as well as supporting the relationships developed with stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be highly organised, a “people person” with a “can do” attitude. We have a hugely supportive team which values open-minded, inclusive working. Though you'll be vital in administering and delivering events and experiences, you will be doing so in a team that is happy to get stuck in.
The role will involve working with a number of clients, most closely Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, the heart of UK science and technology and Space Store, an experiential store, dedicated to bringing space to everyone, everywhere, every day, through a range of immersive and engaging experiences and events programme that engage the general-public, community groups, including the scouts and girl guiding associations, education facilities, charity groups and more.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
The successful candidate will, working alongside the Head of Events and Business Development and Events Manager:
● Work with event planning tools to lead bookings administration, scheduling and development of bespoke events and experiences for customers.
● Lead the planning, arrangements, implementation and delivery of events and experiences.
● Respond to customer and client enquiries.
● Provide administrative support across events, sponsorship and related programmes, including raising invoices.
● Support the development of professional and trusting relationships with all stakeholders and partners.
● Support and help to develop marketing promotional materials and content for events and experiences.
● Excellent organisational, time-management and planning skills with the ability to multitask, work under pressure and use own initiative.
● Ability to exercise effective judgement, discretion, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
● A team player with the ability to work with cross-organisational teams and navigate the political environment.
● Self-motivated with a high energy level, able to work alone.
● Committed, hardworking, passionate and a creative thinker.
● High level oral and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
● Capability to work evenings and weekends.
● Competent in Microsoft Office and online, shared document programmes.
If you are up for the challenge, please submit your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.