Responsible to: Managing Director, Spacetime Development
Working Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Contract: 3 month probation and 1 month notice
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holiday: 28 days per annum, plus statutory holidays
Equal Opportunities: Spacetime Development strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected
Spacetime Development is an independent consultancy which supports high-tech sectors with an emphasis on the space and satellite industry. Spacetime’s services are business development, event planning, user experience and engineering support.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Website & Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for ground-up website development, analytics reporting and continual improvement of websites and commerce sites for the company and its clients. The post-holder will also manage all social media platforms and develop the social media networks of the company and its clients. The ideal candidate will be a highly organised “people person,” with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
The successful candidate will:
- Develop a website and database backend from the ground up for the RASOR space imagery project
- Maintain, operate and improve websites for the company and its clients
- Keep the social media channels for the company and its clients updated, specifically Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Plan and schedule social media content and posts
- Maintain key security practices for website and social media platforms to ensure low risk of bad actors affecting the website or social media channels
- Research, create and upload relevant contents e.g. graphics, videos, photos, audio, albums and stories
- Identify key influencers and organisations to interact with on social media
- Reply in a timely manner to comments and messages on all social media, website, and digital channels and organise backup cover for times when unavailable
- Ensure the removal of any inappropriate comments from all digital channels
- Encourage team members, followers, customers and key stakeholders to comment on social media posts and share them with others
- Occasionally attend events for the company and its clients to provide digital coverage
- Liaise with staff and other volunteers to ensure consistency in messaging
- Provide weekly reports on online activity and provide recommendations for improvement
- Interest in developing a digital marketing career with a keen focus on social media and website development and maintenance
- Skills in website development and editing via WordPress back-end Content Management System and experience in eCommerce platforms, ideally WooCommerce
- Extensive presence on social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn and demonstrable management of that presence
- Good organisational, time-management and planning skills with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and use own initiative
- Ability to exercise effective judgement, discretion, sensitivity and creativity to changing needs and situations
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work with cross-organisational teams
- Self-motivated with a high energy level
- Committed, hardworking, passionate and a creative thinker
- High level oral and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
If you are up for the challenge, please submit your CV and a cover letter by email to the Managing Director’s Business Administrator, Joshua Baylis, at email@example.com. Your cover letter should address the following questions:
- What excites you about space?
- What have you done to build a social media presence, personally, for your own business, or for other people’s business? Please supply relevant links or a sample.
- What experience do you have in building and operating websites? Please supply relevant links or a sample.